Thursday, August 14, 2014

Off Campus Adventures of 13-14

In October of 2013, I was able to attend the Alabama Art Educator's Association Professional Development Retreat in Orange Beach, AL. I was so excited! I have never been around so many creative professionals at once. Here are some images from my favorite workshops that I attended.






Last year, I was honored to be invited to teach art at two of my favorite places: The Birmingham Museum of Art and Vulcan Park. I love Birmingham, Alabama so much.

Last spring I worked at The Birmingham Museum of Art for the Education Department Family Program Holi Celebration. It was messy and I loved EVERY minute!




At Vulcan Park, I was invited to teach sculpture lesson to the Girl Scouts.  We used the Vulcan, the world's largest cast iron statue, as our inspiration. Students were asked to create a clay sculpture that represented what special gifts or talents they contribute to their community.


No comments:

Post a Comment